Monday, July 27, 2009

Super Sketchy Sunday- July 26, 2009

Yay! It's reader appreciation week at 365 Cards. I have come to really like this website and turn to it for inspiration and a creative jolt. I received my Shortcuts Sampler Pack prize today in the mail and can't wait to begin creating with the fabulous clear and frosted sheets and card bases!

Every Sunday is a sketch and these are probably my favorite challenges because they are so directed.

I did 2 cards for this challenge.


This is made using the Close to My Heart Back Country Level 2 Paper Packet, My Acrylix You're A Hoot stamp set, and Desert Sand ink. I embossed the card front using the brand new Cuttlebug Library Card folder.

This is made using Close to My Heart My Acrylix Connections stamp set and the May 2009 Stamp of the Month Set: Be Yourself. I added prisma glitter to the connections circles, added a vellum overlay (embossed with the Cuttlebug Library Card folder), and stamped the giant swirl in Smokey Plum ink and the dancing girl in Staz On Jet Black ink. I wrote "Dance, Love, Sing, Live" which is from one of my favorite quotes of:
"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, and Live like it's heave on earth."

2 comments:

  1. wow!!!!!! you did a wonderful job on both cards, I just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cards Kira...love the owlie one!!

    ReplyDelete