Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Certain Sentiment

So today's challenge at 365 Cards is a little more challenging! You are supposed to use the sentiment "You can do it" on your card.

This card uses a white base stamped all over with the Close to My Heart Damask Tiles stamp set in Lilac Mist ink. I then stamped smaller tiles in Hollyhock and the running girl from the May Stamp of the Month Be Yourself. I trimmed these images and inked the edges in Hollyhock also. I sponged Hollyhock behind the sentiment "You Can Do It".

I had a hard time with this challenge, but immediately thought of the Nike slogan "Just Do It" and related to sports. The next thing that came to mind was a friend who ran the Susan B. Koman Marathon for the Cure last February in Florida, which is why I did the running girl in pink. I made a 2nd card because my mom said, "Don't you think everyone is going to get tired of looking at the girl stamp set on every card?" Well, I like the stamp set...but here is another WAY different one!
My boyfriend is a dirt-track car racer and enjoys it so much during the summer. This is a picture of him on the track a few weeks ago. For the front of the card, I used silver metallic paper from The DCWV Metallic Stack and ran it through the brand new Diamond Plate Cuttlebug folder. I sponged a white circle with black ink (wish I had a tire image), and added racing flags. I cut the flags from the Jubilee Cricut cartridge and colored them to look like racing flags. I told him that I would like a picture of him next to the "Feature Winner" sign- meaning that he won 1st place in his racing class, hence the phrase "Good Luck- You Can Do It".

5 comments:

  1. I like both your cards Kira!!! The damask stamped background is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Wonderful image of the runner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Kira!!! I'm really havin' trouble with this one - guess I'll sleep on it! Love that image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work...both cards are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I left something for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete