Sunday, June 16, 2013

Round & Round Baby Boy Quilts

I have been on a bit of a hiatus from scrapbooking.  I have so many ideas and things that I want to make, I just need more time!

One of our good friends is having their first baby this September and it is a boy.  They are both lovers of quilts, so I knew their baby boy would need a homemade quilt. 

I decided on the Round and Round pattern by Thimble Blossoms- Camille Roskelley.  I follow her blog and saw this a couple months ago and loved the pattern.  

I used the blue scraps from the Star Baby Quilt and a solid dark grey.  I cut out 4 inch squares for the half square triangles and then figured out that those were too big to make a multiple block quilt, so I cut them in quarters to make 2" squares.  In the process, I decided to go ahead and make a 4" square block and a 2" square block to make 2 quilts.  (I think I always get a little too ambitious.) 

 large block
 small block
 Both blocks!  See the size difference?  I like them both because they are so different!
Fabrics for borders and backing.  The one with the little medallions are for the backing.  I was so pleased with the fabrics!


Fabrics: JoAnns
Pattern: Round and Round by Thimble Blossoms- Camille Roskelley
(link to pattern)
(link to blog post)


My goals this week are to:
1. Add borders to the larger block to complete the quilt top.
2. Continue to crank out small blocks to make a complete quilt top.
3. Sandwich quilts.
4. Begin quilting.

I am also continuing to work on quilting the orange/teal quilt.  Some days I wish I had sent it off to be quilted.  Oh well, it's been a learning experience for me in free motion quilting.

I also started on a small table topper to sit under a pitcher that I have on display.  I used this for inspiration: http://www.connectingthreads.com/kits/Blossoms_Jam_Table_Topper_Kit__D5895.html




No comments:

Post a Comment