Monday, April 8, 2013

Fabric Flowers

 
 

This was a pretty time intensive project, but I love how it turned out!  The flowers are made with the new Close to My Heart Textiles!  This is the For Always collection and it complements the paper pack.  I like that they chose patterns that were complementary instead of matching the same patterns as the paper packets.  I used the Kraft Container made at the Close to My Heart Album Retreat as inspiration.

To make the flowers:
1. Cut fat quarter into 2.5 inch strips.
2. Sew right sides together using a .25 inch seam allowance or smaller
3. Turn so that right sides are showing
4. Press flat
5. Sew basting stitch
6. Gather, forming into a flower
7. Hand stitch running back and forth along the circle base until it will hold by itself
8. Cut small circles of green felt, cut small hole in center
9. Hot glue floral pick to base of flower and cover with green felt
10. Arrange in Kraft Container


Close to My Heart Products Used:
My Creations Kraft Container 
For Always Paper Packet
Slate Cardstock
White Daisy Cardstock
My Acrylix Frame Flair Stamp Set
My Acrylix Country Born Stamp Set
Black Exclusive Inks Ink Pad
Just Blooms- Flutter Paper Shapes
Clear Sparkles
For Always Textiles

Other Products Used:
Floral Picks
Green Felt
Hot Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment