Sunday, October 16, 2011

Idea Resources

I have had several people ask me where I get my ideas from for my projects. I thought I would post some of my favorite places to get ideas!

Workshops on the Go
  • The Close to My Heart Workshops on the Go are WONDERFUL! They have a paper packet, stamp set, embellishments, and a workshop guide to create several projects. The current Workshops on the Go show you how to make two scrapbooking layouts and an additional project. This is how I make most of my scrapbooking layouts because they are done for me! I just have to cut it out and stick it together! There is a Workshop on the Go for each new paper pack in the current Idea Book and they are available for the entire 6 months that the catalog is live.


Idea Books
  • Close to My Heart Idea Book---The Close to My Heart catalog is titled an "Idea Book" because it is filled with so many projects and photos! It is a great resource and everything can be recreated! If you look under the projects, it identifies which Close to My Heart How To book the project is from. For example "Magic: Final Act" on page 41 of the Autumn/Winter 2011 Idea Book refers to the Magic Scrapbooking How To Book and the Final Act recipe inside. I also have a recipe book available that pairs with each catalog. This lists each project, the how-to book it is from, and the products used to make it. http://www.closetomyheart.com/en/Products/myctmh_Idea_Book.aspx?i=FB43&c=1&mw=1
  • Stampin' Up Catalog
Close to My Heart How To Books
  • Close to My Heart has 4 scrapbooking how-to books and 2 cardmaking books. These are excellent resources with infinite possibilities. I have several pages from the book that I am allowed to pass out for free as samples of the book. Contact me and I would be happy to share these with you and review how to use the books. My current favorite books are the Wishes card book and Magic scrapbooking book.
Sketches
  • Sketches are some of the easiest ways for me to get inspiration. They are simply following the basic shapes and elements included in the sketch.
  • pagemaps.com- This webpage has a new set of layout sketches every month. They add card sketches, tags, and other types of sketches every few months. The sketches are available in pdf form and the lady that does them even has a few books out.
  • Mojo Monday -This is a challenge blog that has a new card sketch every Monday. They want you to play along, upload your project, and even give out prizes from time to time.
Challenge Blogs
  • Heart to Heart Challenge- This blog was started by a group of Close to My Heart consultants that encourage you to create projects using Close to My Heart products. There are some fabulous ideas presented each week and they mix it up with a variety of challenges.
  • 365 Cards- This blog encourages you to create a card a day. They present a variety of ideas to get your creative juices flowing.

Jeanette Lynton's Blog
  • Jeanette Lynton is the founder of Close to My Heart. She updates her blog very frequently with new ideas. During the month of October, she is presenting a project each day created with the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.



I hope these my resources will help get your own creative juices flowing. I would be happy to explain to anyone specifically how I use these ideas and some of the projects I have created with each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment