Monday, September 3, 2012

Birdhouse Quilt, Pillows, & Placemats

I finally finished my next quilt, pillows, and decorations for late summer and was able to take down the 4th of July quilt and pillows.  When I saw this fabric collection at JoAnn's, I fell in love with it and had to purchase.  It was a little pricier than what I usually pay and it wasn't on sale, but I had to have it.  We were also at a JoAnn's Etc. away from home and I knew if I didn't get it then that the local store probably did not carry it.  This is a Heidi Grace fabric collection and my favorite was the "Birdhouse Words" saying family, home, love, dream, laughter, etc.  This quilt turned out small, but it fits perfectly in the space I have for it to hang.  I may make a larger quilt as a throw for the couch.   





Quilt
Pattern- Simple Quilts and Sewing- Spring 2012 (cover pattern) 
I halved all the measurements to make the quilt smaller
Binding- Double Fold Bias Tape in Seal Brown

Pillow Collection
I have a set of pillow-forms and just make removable covers for them.  They either overlap, fold over, button, or use velcro.  This makes them super easy to switch out and keeps my cost lower and storage space smaller.

Heidi Grace for JoAnns (Birdhouse Poppies) Fabric
Connecting Threads- Charlottesville Charms Fabric
Close to My Heart Cranberry Grosgrain Ribbon
Close to My Heart Brown Flower Buttons

Heidi Grace for JoAnns (Birdhouse Words) Fabric
Close to My Heart Designer Ribbon- Pink Collection

This pillow is my favorite.  I really like how the bird turned out!

Heidi Grace for JoAnns- Birdhouse Argyle Fabric
Heidi Grace for JoAnns- Birdhouse Words Fabric
Heidi Grace for JoAnns- Ticklebug Small Floral and Dot Orange Fabric
Close to My Heart Brown Flower Button
Straight from the Nest Cricut Cartridge

Heidi Grace for JoAnns- Birdhouse Stripe Fabric


Placemats
I used left overs from the quilt to make placemats. 

Heidi Grace for JoAnns- Birdhouse Argyle Fabric
Heidi Grace for JoAnns- Ticklebug Floral and Dot Orange Fabric
Heidi Grace for JoAnns- Birdhouse Stripe Fabric
Double Fold Bias Tape in Seal Brown



While I was taking photos of the quilt and the pillows, Peggy came over and sat down looking up at me like "are you going to take my picture now?"  It was so cute; she is a little camera ham.








No comments:

Post a Comment