Thursday, August 27, 2009

Technique- Sanding

Today's Technique: Sanding

All Close to my Heart Cardstock has a white core, which makes for great distressing. I used to be scared of distressing and "ruining" my paper, but after finding color core cardstock at the store I have ventured slightly into it. One of my favorite things to do is sanding. By sanding, it takes off the top layer of cardstock and exposes the core of the cardstock. For Close to my Heart cardstock, this will be white.

For these examples, I ran a piece of Blush cardstock through the Cuttlebug using the Floral Fantasy embossing folder. Then I sanded off the top, which left the raised up design white.

Before Sanding:

After Sanding
Sanding Kit (1 block, 3 sheets 4x4" sandpaper, 1 emery board): 3.50

Blush 12x12 Cardstock (24 pack): 9.95
Winter Cozy 12x12 Cardstock Combo Pack (24 sheets with 4 each of 6 colors): 9.50

Distressing Kit (includes the sanding kit and many other tools and distressing supplies in a little tool box---on my wishlist!): 34.95

Here is the finished card using the My Acrylix You're A Hoot Stamp Set and Bamboo ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment