Friday, September 16, 2011

Tornado Anniversary

A year ago today, around 7:30 in the evening, a tornado went through Southeast Ohio. This area does not see tornadoes and I thought it was not possible because of the hills. It was very scary and has forever altered the landscape of my front yard and the town of The Plains where some of my family lives. There was severe devastation in Reedsville, Ohio and across the river in Belleville, WV.

My mom and I took over 300 photos and I wanted to journal the experience and decided that Studio J would be the best route. I made the first layout pictured fairly soon after the tornado. The photos of the clouds forming into a tornado are from Facebook.

There are some amazing You Tube videos of the storm. Type in "Athens Ohio Tornado" and they should come right up. The scariest video is the one from Athens High School where there was a soccer game going on.

This is something that will be forever in my memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment