Sunday, May 29, 2011

Baby Quilt



I have been wanting to try making fabric appliques for a quilt with my Cricut for some time. I made this quilt for a co-worker friend at work who is decorating her baby's nursery in a woodland animals theme. I ended up cutting the patterns out of paper, adhering them temporarily to my snuggle flannel fabric (with a Tombow scrapbooking adhesive), and cutting them out by hand. It seemed to work the easiest and then I had paper animals left over to decorate the bulletin board for the baby shower.

Fabrics Used:
Front of Quilt- Nursery Print Panel (pre-sewn panel)

Back of Quilt- Brown Minky Dots

Snuggle Flannel for Animals

White Satin Blanket Binding

Cricut Cartridges Used:
Deer, Chipmunk, & Mushroom- Cindy Loo Cartridge
 
Rabbit- Winter Woodland Cartridge
Owl- Happily Ever After Cartridge

Fox- ZooBalloo Cartridge

Tree & Bird- Straight from the Nest Cartridge

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cute! I've always wanted to try using my Cricut with fabric, but I'm ashamed to admit that it's still in its box. :-(

    ReplyDelete