Monday, May 26, 2014

Burlap Garden Flag



I went into Dollar Tree a few months ago for some plastic cups and found these garden flag holders!  It's pretty basic, but for $1 I couldn't pass it up. 

I had picked this paint color out at Lowes from the Spring sample collection.  These are very small samples of paint, but perfect for small craft projects like this one.  I had a coupon which made it free! I was wanting the Pantone color of the year, Radiant Orchid, but it was not available with the coupon. 

I used my Gypsy machine to design and size the words and then cut a stencil out of vinyl on my Cricut. I stuck the vinyl to the burlap and then painted over. I hung it up to dry outside. I then folded over the top of the burlap to create a pocket for the rod, and stitched around the perimeter of the flag to prevent additional fraying. 
 
 
Items Used:
Cricut Cartridge- Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art
Valspar Paint- Sprinkle
Burlap
 
Inspired by this post on Pinterest:

No comments:

Post a Comment