Saturday, August 31, 2013

Fairy Party- Tents

 
 

 

My sister-in-law found this great idea for the tent decorations on Pinterest.  When we went shopping, they had spools of tulle in every color, and floral garland with colors to match.

The tent decorations were what I was most worried about before the party.  Everyone had this great idea of how they were going to look and I had no idea how I was going to achieve that look. 

The morning of the party, I accessed the tents and it was fairly simple to decorate.  We hung tulle over the bars of the tent, doubling it, and then tying a single knot to keep it in place.  The garland went up easily using cable ties to secure it in the middle and two ends.

Gazebo- Menards
Floral Garland- Darcies from Crafts 2000
Tulle Spools in pink, lavender, teal, and white glitter- Crafts 2000
Pinterest Inspiration:
http://pinterest.com/pin/78742693457826669/


The canopy over the food table was another that I was very challenged by.  This was the last item I worried about decorating.  I made a circle out of wire and then tied strips of tulle to it.  The flower attached to the wire form using cable ties.  Then we hung it from the ceiling using a Command Hook, tape, and thumb tacks.  I don't know how it stayed!  The strips of tulle should have been longer, but it still worked out. 


Tulle Spools in pink, lavender, teal, and white glitter- Crafts 2000
Pinterest Inspiration:
http://pinterest.com/pin/78742693457826451/


No comments:

Post a Comment